Monday, August 25, 2008

Sock and Horses

On the week of August 10-16 I went to horse camp. It was the Adopt a Horse week and I adopted a brown pony named Midnight. He is a very nice pony except he doesn't like to stop and he doesn't like to wait patiently in line during individual canters. He is pictured below during the riding demo we did for our parents. I can't go back next year because I'll be too old. :( I like the adopt a horse week because three or four times a week you get to wake up at 7:00 in the morning and groom and tack up your adopted horse. Also instead of a "down the hill" activity in the morning you get to spend that time doing "horse fun" which consisted of mucking out stalls (FUN! not), scrubbing water buckets, and making horse treats.



This is the view from the top of the barn. We had to walk up this hill multiple times a day all week. It doesn't look that steep but I hate this hill.
I was doing Spring Forwards but I kept messing up so I frogged it and started a plain vanilla stockinette sock with a picot edge. I started the heel flap yesterday.

For Ravelympics I made a neckwarmer called Fourteen.
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky in Indigo
Needles: size 11
Mods: Garter stitch border and stockinette instead of brioche.
Finished: August 23 at 11:30 pm cst
I actually finished the knitting part on Aug 9 but I needed buttons and I was gone all the next week. It is very soft!

No comments: