Monday, February 16, 2009

Miniature Cowichan Cardigan

I finished this on Thursday. It still needs buttons but other than that it is done! It was really fast, it only took me 9 days or so. :) I used Cascade 220 and size 3 needles. Here is the ravelry link for it.



I have a skein of dark blue Lion Wool that I wanted to use up so I'm making three 3-block strips and then I'll sew them together and it will be a blanket for my doll. I'm using blocks from the book 200 Knitted Blocks. No pics yet though.

I bought 2 skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran when I made my Fetchings but only needed one so I'm making a hat/neckwarmer out of the other skein. If I have enough yarn, it will be a hat. Otherwise it will just be a neckwarmer and then I'll make a little scarf for my doll. It's about 2 inches long so far.

I'm also going to make this for my doll because the velcro on the skirt that came with her is messed up. It doesn't close properly anymore so she just sits everywhere in the house with a shirt and her underwear and no pants (Miss Violet of LnV would approve). The only problem is I don't have any cotton yarn of a neutral color or that is blue. Her pants won't have pockets though.

2 comments:

tiennieknits said...

It's very cute!!

DawnK said...

That is the cutest little sweater!