Friday, March 28, 2008

New Yarn!

I got $40 for my birthday and I spent some of it on some Cascade 220 for the Mrs. Darcy Cardigan. The color is #9464 and in some lights it looks blue, other lights make it look purple. I bought 4 skeins of it. I really want to start it but I need to finish my Quinn bag first. I actually took a picture of it today! Yay! sidenote: I just noticed it was almost 1:00 am!! Yay for spring break! Time flies when you are taking pics of your knitting and surfing ravelry!

This is not the true color of the yarn. It is actually a little bit darker and I don't really know. It is a tricky color to photograph but it is pretty. It's weird how different yarn colors look under incandescent and fluorescent lightbulbs.

This is a row and a half into the ribbing on the Saucy Socks that I started tonight. The yarn is Schoeller + Stahl Fortissima Colori Disco Socka and I got it from my grandma for Christmas. It is sparkly!


This is my Quinn bag that I haven't worked on since the middle of February. I think I need to frog a row or two because I lost count of which row I was on. (oops). The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash. It was impossible to photograph because I couldn't get the color to be right. -.-

I finished the prayer shawl tonight! Now all I have to do is weave in the ends.

And the weather people were completely wrong. We did not get a SINGLE FLAKE OF SNOW. I'm not complaining at all though. :)

2 comments:

jessica said...

that bag is going to be really cute! glad you joined the kal!

Unknown said...

Ooh! That yarn is soo yummy! That will look so great for the Mrs. Darcy Cardigan! I love that pattern! The yarn for your socks is sooo adorable too!! And the cables on your Quinn bag are beautiful!!